Wednesday 26 January 2011

My Five Favourite Films: Cary Grant

Cary Grant is probably the single most attractive man to ever grace the silver screen. He was charming, suave, and had a voice that would make any woman weak at the knees. But, perhaps, because of his good looks and charming manner, Grant’s talent as an actor, these days, is somewhat overlooked; certainly neglected. As one of the rare few to reach such a status, he is remembered more as an icon than as an actor. But Grant was indeed an actor, and a very good one at that. In fact, I find him so captivating that I would place him second on a list of my favourite actors of all time, behind Jimmy, of course.
Though I found it easy to pick my five favourite of Grant’s films, I found it somewhat troubling to put them in order from one to five, especially when it came to my second and third favourites. Anywho, this is the order I eventually came up with:

5.) An Affair to Remember
"If it had to happen to one of us, why did it have to be you?"

4.) North By Northwest
"Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed."

3.) Bringing Up Baby
"Because I just went gay all of a sudden!"

2.) Notorious
"Dry your eyes, baby; it's out of character."

1.) Charade
"Hasn't it occurred to you that I'm having a tough time keeping my hands off you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment